We are excited to share the Data Lab at USAspending.gov– a recently launched website by U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Fiscal Service as part of the government’s congressionally mandated transparency efforts signed into law in May 2014 (DATA Act). The Data Lab features an interactive homelessness analysis that enables you to quickly explore various programs impacting the homeless population using data visualizations.
These visualizations contain information about federal funding going to your Continuum of Care area, and allow you to navigate around specific regions to display grants used to address homelessness. With data collected across multiple federal agencies and programs in one dataset, you will be able to:
- Compare federal programs serving other CoC areas
- View shelter capacity in other regions
- Submit PIT counts, and examine the magnitude of homelessness and federal funding in the United States.
In addition, our cluster analysis makes it easy to discover what Continuum of Care areas are similar to yours. See our full analysis here.
Our mission is to continue building insightful analyses that help to increase transparency and provide better information to local communities about federal programs. If you find our analyses interesting and useful, please:
- Check out the visualizations at datalab.usaspending.gov and send us feedback
- Share our page link with your friends and colleagues
- Follow our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages @FiscalService and share our updates
The Data Transparency Team
U.S. Department of the Treasury